The Continent Bangkok by Compass Hospitality has one of the most envious locations in Bangkok, a few steps from the Asoke junction on Sukhumvit Road, and only minutes from the skytrain, MRT and Terminal 21 Mall – one of the most popular shopping centres in the city. The hotels travelling theme is cleverly incorporated into the hotel surroundings and facilities but it never feels overdone: the awning over the front entrance has a Parisian feel, as do the chandeliers that hang over the black and gold reception and if you head up to Axis and Spin rooftop bar, there is an almost Phileas Fogg gentlemans club feel to the space, albeit with fantastic views of Bangkoks skyscrapers. Axis and Spin looks down over the Continent hotels swimming pool and 02 bar, which share the incredible vista.
What you should know:
– Taxis may not have heard of The Continent Hotel as it is relatively new
– There is a small gym on site
– Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel
What we loved:
– Funky hotel with an around the world theme
– One of the best locations in town, at the Asoke Junction on Sukhumvit Road
– Opposite Terminal 21 for fantastic shopping
– Rooftop bar with 2 for 1 drinks offers at sunset
– Amazing views from the swimming pool
– Weekday all you can eat buffet lunch for 499 baht
– Floor to ceiling windows in all the rooms let in plenty of natural light
If you fancy a workout head to the O2 gym, where you can lift weights and run a few kilometres on the treadmill. After a workout you will be in need of some sustenance, and we were impressed with the great value lunch buffet at Medinii: smoked salmon, Parma ham, prawn spring rolls, Thai curry and two different kinds of rice, as well as an a la carte main course and a selection of Thai and western desserts. Rooms at The Continent are themed around cities and countries, but the execution is subtle, with unique pictures and highlight colours in the rooms and suites. Deluxe Rooms come with either a king size or twin beds, full-length windows that let in plenty of light and a cityscape. To make sure your stay is relaxing, all rooms are equipped with desk space, television with international channels, Wi-Fi and an iPod/iphone docking system.
Address: 413 Sukhumvit Road (Near Asoke BTS & Sukhumvit MRT Interchange Stations)
Telephone: 66 2 686 7000